Skip to main content

Shadows: Paint on Acetate

     I scrunched up a piece of acetate and proceeded to loosely add blue paint with a paint brush, i added more paint to a crack in the middle to add depth. Then i dripped watered down, green, paint and watched it follow the cracks in the acetate.
   I became very intrigued with the shadow the markings cast when shining a light on it. I could create a flip book by using acetates and filming the shadows. I would also like to create a shadow with colours, i believe i could do this by using ink instead of paint. Furthermore, i would like to creaet shadow versions of the dancers to shine onto a painting of the dreamer to show how they are in her mind, i could also use lights that flash so they could softly fade in and out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paint and PVA Glue Experiment Continues

      Using the same mixture i used for the second net experiment. I dripped the paint on the acetate. It looked really beautiful when it was wet, especially how the colours mixed and moved together. Unfortunately i lost the detail slightly as it dried. The colours became more dull and the mixture was weak which showed once dry. There is still really nice sections like the yellow turning green in the blue and how the blue crosses over to red. Unfortunately, some drips broke when pulled up due to the weakness.    To improve this i will make a stronger mixture and build up the drips with layers so they are thicker.    I decided to use a different PVA glue which worked really well with the paint. However, i used it differently so didnt find out if the first PVA glue was the mixtures problem. I poured PVA glue onto acetate which had some yellow and green print marks on. I did this as the glue picked up the colours on the back. Then i painted on the glu...

Netting

      I poured the remainder of the acrylic, water and PVA glue mixture onto the netting. I created this folds by tying the end together. I wanted the folds so the netting was similar to an underskirt with layers that the dancers would be wearing. I wish i filmed the paint dripping on it as i was surprised to see the paint run off as if it was on paper and not holes.      I really like this photo of the netting, alone on a black background. It makes the white pop and look unusual as the background is so clean compared to the netting. Unfortunately, the paint dried a little dull, i think if it was more vibrant it would really add another layer to this photo.     To develop this i would like to try placing the netting differently for different styles of layering it. Additionally, i could paint each layer a separate colour then see how they show through altogether.      I took these photos to see inside the netting whilst the paint ...

Paint Videos

   Whilst doing some string pulling experiments with watered down acrylic, i filmed how the water acted and the paint mixed as i thought the movements were intriguing and the process of colour change.    In the first video the colour purple infiltrated the blue water i added to the page and as i lifted the page the way it moved, even danced in the water, was really fascinating and unpredictable.    I was using this paint to cover a face drawing i had drew previously using biro. I decided i didnt like it and would paint thinly over to show how the dreamer feels like she is drowning in her own mind. I feel like how the paint acted, before painting over the face,with the two colours was interesting as if they were performing to attract the dreamer before taking over her whole mind. I would like to film more of colours mixing and moving in water. Even though the paint didnt instantly react to the water being added i really like how the two colours of b...