Skip to main content

PVA Glue Paint Mix

   Using a plastic mask, i poured PVA glue in and spread it about in hopes so i could add paint and peel it out afterwards. This PVA glue breaks up the paint when added. I mixed a lot of blue in so the peel would be a deep blue like a deep ocean to express a sad, isolated emotion to convey the dreamer drowning in their mind. I proceeded to add yellow, white, pink and black. The other colours are to represent the other colourful dancers to show how they are still present even if this colour is dominating right now.
  I found the movement of the paint spreading incredibly interesting as it instantly began to disperse and lose its colour amongst the blue. Unfortunately, i couldnt get the PVA glue to settle and dry with the black paint present like in the second video as i couldnt set the mask down flat.
 
  Using the edge of a pallet knife, i pulled the white paint out. I really enjoyed doing this and being able to mix the colour in the moment. Again the PVA glue wouldnt settle so i lost the paint but i would like to develop this and do a paint pour and love the paint into each other to show how the dancers come together at the end of the visuals.



    Using the remainder of the paint mix and PVA glue, i spread it out on a piece of acetate as it was partial dry so was quite thick. Then i added pink and white paint with yellow ink. The liquid mixed really well with the paint. To improve this ik would have had less of the PVA glue so you can see through the acetate more as it is impossible to do so.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paint and PVA Glue Experiment Continues

      Using the same mixture i used for the second net experiment. I dripped the paint on the acetate. It looked really beautiful when it was wet, especially how the colours mixed and moved together. Unfortunately i lost the detail slightly as it dried. The colours became more dull and the mixture was weak which showed once dry. There is still really nice sections like the yellow turning green in the blue and how the blue crosses over to red. Unfortunately, some drips broke when pulled up due to the weakness.    To improve this i will make a stronger mixture and build up the drips with layers so they are thicker.    I decided to use a different PVA glue which worked really well with the paint. However, i used it differently so didnt find out if the first PVA glue was the mixtures problem. I poured PVA glue onto acetate which had some yellow and green print marks on. I did this as the glue picked up the colours on the back. Then i painted on the glu...

Netting

      I poured the remainder of the acrylic, water and PVA glue mixture onto the netting. I created this folds by tying the end together. I wanted the folds so the netting was similar to an underskirt with layers that the dancers would be wearing. I wish i filmed the paint dripping on it as i was surprised to see the paint run off as if it was on paper and not holes.      I really like this photo of the netting, alone on a black background. It makes the white pop and look unusual as the background is so clean compared to the netting. Unfortunately, the paint dried a little dull, i think if it was more vibrant it would really add another layer to this photo.     To develop this i would like to try placing the netting differently for different styles of layering it. Additionally, i could paint each layer a separate colour then see how they show through altogether.      I took these photos to see inside the netting whilst the paint ...

Observational Drawings of Installation

     I did some observational drawings of this piece whilst it was hanging. I wish that i drew these at a different perspective and angle to show i am looking at a piece hanging, creating formation and an object, instead i drew what i saw straight on of the board and not the actual board itself.    All drawings were drawn in four minutes.     My first drawing was a continuous line using biro. I quite enjoyed this technique as it is very free flowing. However, i struggle to focus on capturing details and creating shading. I think i need to improve this by focusing on one singular object at a time.I also found that i just drew one line to represent the string, making them appear as violent scribbles instead of string. I see the benefit of this appearance as it shows frustration of the singer who feel trapped, however i grew annoyed as i wanted to draw the string.          This drawing is difficult to see as i used coloured ...