Skip to main content

Flip Book

   I created a flip book so i could create movement in the drawing. As i had never done one before i only drew a simple stick figure as i also struggled drawing so small. I found consistency is important to create a flip book as part way through the size of my drawing changes slightly. Unfortunately, due to the drawing being of a stick figure its not so obvious to what is happening and doesnt look quite so elegant. I was trying to show the processes of the ballet dancers i took photos of lifting their leg up and going onto the tip of their toes. Furthermore, the paper of the book i used is too thick which makes flipping it a little difficult and the drawing doesnt move so swiftly because of it. However, i do think this is an efficient way to create an animation and i would like to develop my skill and try it again in the future.

   I used the space above to create another small animation, this time i drew two figures joining to perform a lift. I like this one more as it is more obvious what is happening as the two dancers show more movement together than the one alone did. However, the sizes of the dancers change but i think it works as their sizes change together and appear as if they are running to each other and away from the viewer, helping show a smooth transition of movement. On the other hand, i struggled with showing the dancer jumping into the lift as i was running out of pages so had to cut out bits to create a smoother lift. I think to develop this further i would need to work on the drawing skill, drawing actual people instead of stick figures and add details such as scenery.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paint and PVA Glue Experiment Continues

      Using the same mixture i used for the second net experiment. I dripped the paint on the acetate. It looked really beautiful when it was wet, especially how the colours mixed and moved together. Unfortunately i lost the detail slightly as it dried. The colours became more dull and the mixture was weak which showed once dry. There is still really nice sections like the yellow turning green in the blue and how the blue crosses over to red. Unfortunately, some drips broke when pulled up due to the weakness.    To improve this i will make a stronger mixture and build up the drips with layers so they are thicker.    I decided to use a different PVA glue which worked really well with the paint. However, i used it differently so didnt find out if the first PVA glue was the mixtures problem. I poured PVA glue onto acetate which had some yellow and green print marks on. I did this as the glue picked up the colours on the back. Then i painted on the glu...

Netting

      I poured the remainder of the acrylic, water and PVA glue mixture onto the netting. I created this folds by tying the end together. I wanted the folds so the netting was similar to an underskirt with layers that the dancers would be wearing. I wish i filmed the paint dripping on it as i was surprised to see the paint run off as if it was on paper and not holes.      I really like this photo of the netting, alone on a black background. It makes the white pop and look unusual as the background is so clean compared to the netting. Unfortunately, the paint dried a little dull, i think if it was more vibrant it would really add another layer to this photo.     To develop this i would like to try placing the netting differently for different styles of layering it. Additionally, i could paint each layer a separate colour then see how they show through altogether.      I took these photos to see inside the netting whilst the paint ...

Observational Drawings of Installation

     I did some observational drawings of this piece whilst it was hanging. I wish that i drew these at a different perspective and angle to show i am looking at a piece hanging, creating formation and an object, instead i drew what i saw straight on of the board and not the actual board itself.    All drawings were drawn in four minutes.     My first drawing was a continuous line using biro. I quite enjoyed this technique as it is very free flowing. However, i struggle to focus on capturing details and creating shading. I think i need to improve this by focusing on one singular object at a time.I also found that i just drew one line to represent the string, making them appear as violent scribbles instead of string. I see the benefit of this appearance as it shows frustration of the singer who feel trapped, however i grew annoyed as i wanted to draw the string.          This drawing is difficult to see as i used coloured ...