Skip to main content

Dance

    I was able to go to a dance class and take photos of the dancers dancing. I wanted to do this so i could focus on their movement, primarily the movement of their skirts.
 Luckily for me, for this dance they wore brightly coloured skirts. I got some various photos of the skirts movement when walking in different directions and spinning. I really like the photos where the dancers held their skirts and moved them in motions that captured a circular shape; the shape looks very interesting as it shows a vicious yet delicate movement, and each dancers was unique.


       It would've been useful if i could have made the dancers try certain poses or movements that i wanted to see to be able to draw from. However, i plan to do another photo shoot dedicated to this so it is more in the image that i imagine in my art.Additionally, having another person to take photos from a different angle would have helped as i moved around i missed opportunities of planning good angles to take photos. I am also hoping i will be able to do this photo shoot again at a ballet class as the more delicate type of dancing and stretched poses would be interesting to draw, as well as suit what i am imagining more in my image. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paint and PVA Glue Experiment Continues

      Using the same mixture i used for the second net experiment. I dripped the paint on the acetate. It looked really beautiful when it was wet, especially how the colours mixed and moved together. Unfortunately i lost the detail slightly as it dried. The colours became more dull and the mixture was weak which showed once dry. There is still really nice sections like the yellow turning green in the blue and how the blue crosses over to red. Unfortunately, some drips broke when pulled up due to the weakness.    To improve this i will make a stronger mixture and build up the drips with layers so they are thicker.    I decided to use a different PVA glue which worked really well with the paint. However, i used it differently so didnt find out if the first PVA glue was the mixtures problem. I poured PVA glue onto acetate which had some yellow and green print marks on. I did this as the glue picked up the colours on the back. Then i painted on the glu...

Netting

      I poured the remainder of the acrylic, water and PVA glue mixture onto the netting. I created this folds by tying the end together. I wanted the folds so the netting was similar to an underskirt with layers that the dancers would be wearing. I wish i filmed the paint dripping on it as i was surprised to see the paint run off as if it was on paper and not holes.      I really like this photo of the netting, alone on a black background. It makes the white pop and look unusual as the background is so clean compared to the netting. Unfortunately, the paint dried a little dull, i think if it was more vibrant it would really add another layer to this photo.     To develop this i would like to try placing the netting differently for different styles of layering it. Additionally, i could paint each layer a separate colour then see how they show through altogether.      I took these photos to see inside the netting whilst the paint ...

Observational Drawings of Installation

     I did some observational drawings of this piece whilst it was hanging. I wish that i drew these at a different perspective and angle to show i am looking at a piece hanging, creating formation and an object, instead i drew what i saw straight on of the board and not the actual board itself.    All drawings were drawn in four minutes.     My first drawing was a continuous line using biro. I quite enjoyed this technique as it is very free flowing. However, i struggle to focus on capturing details and creating shading. I think i need to improve this by focusing on one singular object at a time.I also found that i just drew one line to represent the string, making them appear as violent scribbles instead of string. I see the benefit of this appearance as it shows frustration of the singer who feel trapped, however i grew annoyed as i wanted to draw the string.          This drawing is difficult to see as i used coloured ...